Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Response from Heath Shuler

I wanted to take a moment to share this reply to an email I sent Rep. Shuler about H. Res 554.


 

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your thoughts regarding H. Res 554. Your views are important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.

H. Res. 554 would require legislation and conference reports to be available on the Internet for 72 hours before being voted on by the House of Representatives. I am a co-sponsor of this legislation because I believe it is important for Members of Congress, their staff, and the general public to have time to read and understand legislation before it is considered on the House floor. A 72-hour waiting period will ensure that bills are given due consideration and not rushed haphazardly through the legislative process.

Again, thank you for sharing your views about this important matter. I encourage you to check my website at www.house.gov/shuler for continued updates on my work, and please do not hesitate to contact me again about those issues that are important to you. It is an honor to serve you in the U.S. Congress.

Sincerely,

Heath Shuler

Member of Congress

 
 

HS/wm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails