Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. . .

Yesterday evening I was watching the Glenn Beck show and was impressed by the mothers he was interviewing. After the show I set out to investigate a group called As A Mom, A Sisterhood of Mommy Patriots. Within a few minutes I had joined this wonderful group of women. If you are a mother, step-mother, grandmother, or aunt; and care about what is happening to our country, you owe it to yourself to check out As A Mom and become involved.

We mothers have more influence than we think. We come from all walks of life and all circumstances. As mothers, our primary goal in life is to raise our children the best we can to be the best they can be. We are responsible for their safety and well being from conception to adulthood. We want the best for them. And, as Glenn brought out on his show last night, we discredit ourselves when we say we are "just a mom."

Too many mothers have been wondering what to do because we see things going horribly wrong in our country. Our upbringing and religious teachings have taught us to be polite, not cause a disturbance, to obey the rules (even when we know they are unjust or just plain stupid), and be good citizens of our communities. Even though we have seen the problems we have been afraid to speak out.

Ladies: we can be polite, considerate of others, devoted to our faith and families. But the time has come for us to stand up and be heard. It is our duty to point out injustice and wrongdoing, corruption and lack of good judgment in our leaders, and the failure of our schools. We must do it for our children and generations of children yet unborn. It is apparent to me that if we don't do it, it won't get done, just like so many other things we deal with each day.

As a grandmother, I began this blog in an attempt to reach out and spread the word of what I see as the imminent demise of our way of life. I felt I had to do something, and this was all I could do. I could not stand by any longer and see the complete stupidly of our elected officials, who, once in office forget who they work for. I could not keep quiet about government spending, abuse of power, greed, pay for play, pork barrel projects, health care, cap and trade, and total corruption any longer.

I'm registered to vote as 'unaffiliated' and don't belong to any party. Proudly independent, I'm an equal opportunity pundit, and will point out what I see, as I see it.

Ladies, we have always been the hand that rocks the cradle, now it's time for us to rock our nation!


 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. It has always been said, "woman make a greater impact than one believes" and I believe this to be true.

    Great post!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails