Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reporters and Journalists: Bloggers (and Fox News) Are the Only Ones Left

All my life I have wanted to be a writer. I wrote journals, I wrote letters, I wrote a few articles, now I write my little blogs. I'm not a journalist, nor a reporter. At least I didn't think I was.

After the latest Sunday appearances' by Obama's henchmen, and their deliberate attempt to diminish Fox News to the level of an "opinion only" network; I'm not so sure. The Obama Administration controls all the television outlets except Fox News. They are attempting to tear Fox News down because they won't play ball. Obama has said he will "consider" a newspaper bailout. This would put the newspapers under government control. He also has plans in the works to take over radio and the Internet.

Once those things come to pass; we will be spoon fed government propaganda 24 hours a day. Even our entertainment shows have fallen under the spell of the administrations' wishes. We've had Green Week, now we are going to have Service Week. All propaganda, gee, sounds like some of the communist countries we studied about as children.

This could not have been slipped in on us so easily if the reporters had reported the truth and the facts. They did not investigate nor did they report. It would not have been so easy if the media had not become so enthused at the thought of the first black president that they stopped doing their jobs. If only our media had not transformed into groupies, behaving like teenage girls fainting over a rock star. If only they had remembered who they were and what their job in our republic is: report the facts to the people so they (the people) can decide what they think and believe.

I and millions more like me are reporting on our blogs. We research and seek out the truth when we could be spending time with our families. We write our blogs to report what we have learned. We share information the only way we can. We write our opinions about the information we have uncovered. We are the only reporters and journalists American has left other than Fox News. We are indeed 'citizen journalists'.

May God Bless Fox News and all their reporters and commentators and may God Bless the bloggers who have taken up the responsibility that the mainstream media tossed by the wayside. May He bless our efforts and keep the Internet free from government censorship long enough for us to wake everyone up to what is happening to our country.

Update:

I wrote the above post in the wee hours of the morning. After some thought about my praise of Fox News (which I let stand) I have a question for the folks at Fox... Where was the coverage of the Can You Hear Us Now? Tea Parties on October 17th? You covered all previous Tea Party activities. Where were you on this one? Bowing to pressure perhaps???

I'd have noticed this sooner if I hadn't been severely under the weather this past weekend. My apologies for not already mentioning it.

-- Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails