Sunday, January 17, 2010

Be Ashamed, Mr. Robinson

And the Lord's Representative on Earth Said

Pat Robinson said, "True Story". He went on to tell of the times when Haiti was a French Colony, and the rebels "swore a pact to the devil". "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French."

"And the devil said, OK, it's a deal."

Robinson continued, "ever since they (Haitians) have been cursed by one thing after the other."

I have wanted to approach this subject ever since I saw the video clip of this exchange.

Apparently Robinson was referring to a Voodoo ritual held in 1791 that may have been the beginning of the revolution that achieved independence from France. I suppose if the ceremony had been a protestant tent meeting Robertson would have found another way to make it The Wrath of God.

Mr. Robinson, in case you didn't know: earthquakes are a force of nature. They occur as a part of the natural action of plate tectonics.

Earthquakes can happen anywhere that the earth's tectonic plates come into contact with each other. Plate tectonics is the moving force along fault lines in California and Alaska, as evidenced by earthquakes there. Smaller, less active plates on the east coast of this country are capable of producing the same devastation that occurred on Haiti. In fact, the close proximity of Haiti makes me a bit nervous, since I am located on the east coast.

Anyone who blames God (any god) for the destruction on Haiti is an idiot. You are an idiot, Mr. Robinson.

You make good, honest, Christians hang their heads in shame. You make all Americans ashamed. You need to think carefully before you make such statements (which you do at each and every natural or man-made disaster). You are no prophet, and I wonder if you are really a man of God.


 

1 comment:

  1. I could not have said it better myself! I am ashamed when anyone claiming to follow my GOD speaks in such a way.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails