Saturday, September 19, 2009

How To Find Millions of Racists

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being called a racist every time I disagree with the administration's policies. I'm not a racist, nor have I ever been.

One of my Daddy's best friends was Mr. Jackson. Both were old, in their late 60's, both were farmers in rural upstate South Carolina. One fall day they were discussing farming and the state of the world as I played at their feet. It was early in the 1960's.

As I watched, Mr. Jackson held out his hand next to my Daddy's. Both were the hands of men who had worked hard all their lives. "Harvey, the only difference in these hands is the color," Mr. Jackson said. "They both bleed red."

That is how I have always looked at any other person. We both (all) bleed red.

Now, I'm called a racist whenever I don't agree with policy. It can be cap and trade, health care, national defense, it doesn't matter. I disagree, to paraphrase Jimmy Carter, because I don't like a black man in the White House.

Mr. Carter, with all due respect, I don't care if the president is purple with green poka-dots, if he (or she) is leading the country in a responsible way. This President is not and either has an agenda we are not aware of or is totally clueless. I think it is the former.

The article below sums up how I feel and what I see happening. Please take a few minutes to read it. Mr. Wright says it so much better than I can on this dreary morning.

How To Find Millions of Racists

Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails