Sunday, September 27, 2009

Disgusted

This week was filled to the brim with Obama appearances. He gave a speech at the United Nations that, in my opinion, showed once again how inexperienced he is at leadership on the world stage. He again took center stage at the G-20 Summit, and seemed to be to be pressing for the "New World Order" that so-called 'right-wingers' have been predicting for years.

As President of the United States, he was obligated to attend these meetings at the UN and G-20 Summit. That does not bother me. It is his job. He was elected as the CEO of America and as such is required to attend meetings with other world leaders. We, as a nation, elected Barack Hussein Obama to be our President, our representative to the world.

But why does he feel we are so bad that in each and every speech he gives to world leaders he must back-track on all our achievements, down-play all the good we have done for those countries and promise to do better in the future? If I totally screw something up on my job, cost the company time and money, and slow down production; I tell my boss I am sorry (and I am) and promise to do better in the future. That is what Obama seems to be doing in every speech he makes to world leaders. So, where did we screw up so badly as to make it necessary to apologize?

Don't get me wrong. I know we have done things that were not looked at favorably by other nations. I know we have made mistakes. Just like in my job, where I am only human, the United States as a country is comprised of humans and humans make mistakes. As a nation it's just on a grander scale. It doesn't make us bad!

As each day passes with this administration in charge, my fear for my future and our nation's future grows stronger. This article in the Washington Post about Obama describes my feelings about Obama. Please read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails