Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where Were You?

My question is to the voters of North Carolina District 11....Where the hell were you on Tuesday?

Were you "too tired" as a good friend told me as she left work at 3:30 and I reminded her to stop and vote? Were you busy with everyday activities that could have waited a half hour? Believe me it wouldn't have taken long. There were NO lines.

Where was the anger you have expressed to me over the last 16 months about how the "leaders" are leading our country off a cliff and into the abyss? Was it all talk? Are you too lazy to move anything but your lips in opposition? Why, on something this important, did you not get your rear in gear and go vote?

My husband and I voted. He has lost a leg and is confined to a wheelchair. I loaded him and chair in the car, drove over to our polling place; unloaded, and we went in and voted.

Where the hell were you? You weren't in line. We went straight up and voted. You had not been there. It was midday and we were voters 59 and 60. You apparently didn't think it important. We did. We always do. We care.

So, please, tell me: Where were you? Why didn't you exercise your right and duty to vote?

And I'll tell you: If you didn't vote; don't complain to me. You got what you asked for.

2 comments:

  1. High 5 for you!!! Tell 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I went..I will be able to look you we the eye the neext time we meet..Turnout was absolutely ridiculous.. This is the exact reason we have to watch the destruction of our Constitution. I wonder if people will try to resist the " powers that be" when they come for them...The owl sees. Even in the dark

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails