Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shell Shocked

I've been living and working in a fog since Black Sunday. I haven't even wanted to write a post because I couldn't find a way to describe my feelings.

This morning I stumbled across an article in American Thinker by Robin of Berkeley that puts into words how I feel and pretty much describes why I'm feeling this way:

"That's what it is:  stunned, shell shocked, traumatized."

Many years ago, it now seems like a life-time, I was married to a man who beat me. Whenever things did not go his way; I became his personal punching bag. After a severe beating I would walk around for days feeling stunned, abandoned, alone, confused, and traumatized. I feel that way now.

Robin of Berkeley was mugged. She also draws a comparison to being mugged to the passage of Obamacare:

When I see what Obama is doing to this country, how he is treating its citizens, I'm reminded of the man who mugged me.  I think that both are constitutionally incapable of seeing our humanity.  And each day that Obama is in office, he communicates this same deadly message to the masses -- that opponents are not human.

This would explain the burgeoning of hate and even violence towards those who deign to disagree.   And why Tea Party members and conservatives are being targeted, as well as entire countries like Israel. 

And this would illuminate why Obama is unfazed while the economy crashes.  And why he cavalierly demonizes Israel, putting millions of Israelis at risk.  And it explains why Obama mocks conservatives who are legitimately worried about this administration's violating fundamental rights.  

After years of abuse; I escaped my abuser. I pray heart and soul that we as a nation can escape our abuser in 2012. If he follows the pattern of most abusive individuals, we are in for much worse than we've endured so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails