Monday, November 9, 2009

Midnight Reflections

My husband and I watched the debate and passage of the House Health Care Bill on C-SPAN Saturday. It was an all day affair. Partly through the afternoon we took a break and went outside for awhile. When we returned they were still debating. It was after 11 p.m. when the vote was finally taken and the bill passed. I had been in front of the television for hours with my laptop making comments on Twitter.

I didn't post last night. I was too upset and burned out.

I know that this bill will have to be reconciled with the Senate bill (if passed) and that it isn't the final version by any means. I am thankful for that. I hope good sense will prevail and provisions in the bill which take away so many of our freedoms will be removed in whatever version may become law.

Yesterday was the best lesson in how our government really works that anyone living in this country could ever have. Backroom deals between the Speaker and members of congress are what allowed it to pass. Bought endorsements from the AARP and AMA, made it sound legit. Promises, of God knows what, were made and accepted and thus we had a bill that the majority of Americans don't want stuffed down our throats.

As a regular working class American, I felt cheated and robbed. I felt abused and used. As I watched hour after hour of whining and crying by those who wanted to get their way at all costs I became more and more angry.

They have forgotten that they serve us. They are living in a fantasy land. The entire lot of them are nuts! Power hungry, power grabbing, nut cases. I kept wondering what lies and smooth talk got them elected. Do they send them to a school to learn arrogance? Do they really care so little about the welfare of the people? Do they think we are all 2 years old and need Mommy and Daddy Government to do everything for us and regulate everything in our lives?

Am I to soon be in jail because I can't afford their damn government health insurance? I don't think so….. I'll not go peacefully……

So, damn the liberals who are so arrogant as to think they know what's better for me than I do. I'd have not made it through all the crap I've lived though if I were the helpless dummy they believe I am. No one else in the country could have either. Everyone has their share of hard times, awful times, broke and despondent times. We make it through because we are Americans and because of our Faith, and Family. Usually we make it in spite of the Government.

They can't stand that thought. Well, damn them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails