Saturday, November 28, 2009

Brain Overload Syndrome

I have been ill. After the Senate Obama-Care bill passed I contracted a deadly virus called Brain Overload Syndrome (BOS).

I was exposed to this virus by reading too many news reports, watching too much television news, joining too many conservative groups on the internet and reading too many conservative blogs.

The symptoms include:

  • A feeling of despair and hopelessness
  • Inability to concentrate on National events
  • Inability to pick a topic for a blog post
  • Inability to write a blog post
  • Wanting to go hide in a corner and wait for the Nation's destruction
  • Hair-pulling frustration with our leaders

Desperately I searched for a cure. I couldn't just sit down and shut up. Well, I could, but I thought my followers, however few, might miss me. I knew that in these desperate times each and every voice is important and should be heard. Besides, I've never been one to sit down and shut up, just ask my husband.

I abandoned the news this past week. Oh, the television was on, my husband and I both are both avid FNC fans. I just stayed busy with other things. I downloaded some eBooks to my laptop and phone; novels instead of US History and current political titles, and put my mind somewhere else.

Ever so slowly I felt the symptoms of BOS begin to lessen.

One of the hallmarks of this administration is to have so many crises or potential crises taking place simultaneously that no one can keep up with everything. Each seems direr than the last, especially if you are a taxpayer, and pretty soon the exhaustion of BOS takes over. That is their plan: to overload us into complacency, then completely take over each and every part of our lives.

I still have some novels to finish. In the meantime I am gently resuming my political reading and listening to the news. My recovery is well underway. I just wonder if I have developed any form of immunity to BOS. The administration has doubled its efforts during my illness. They want the disease to reach epidemic proportions throughout the population.

We can't let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails