Saturday, December 5, 2009

Palin Derangement Syndrome: Dishing Out Low Blows

It's late at night or very early in the morning, depending on your perspective. To me, having just arrived home from work, it's late Friday night. Anyway, I'm making an attempt to catch up on my reading and write a post simultaneously. I usually read Legal Insurrection first. Mr. Jacobson has written several posts about Palin Derangement Syndrome, a condition contracted by most liberals during the 2008 election cycle. Currently, the liberal blogosphere is having a field day dissecting Mrs. Palin's book. I have a copy of said book, and since we are expecting inclement weather here in the backwoods, I intend to read it this weekend.

One of the most vicious of the leftwing bloggers is Andrew Sullivan of The Daily Dish. For some reason, known only to Mr. Sullivan, he is obsessed with the notion that Mrs. Palin's baby, Trig, is not hers:

Since the Dish has tried to be rigorous and careful in analyzing Palin's unhinged grip on reality from the very beginning - specifically her fantastic story of her fifth pregnancy -  we feel it's vital that we grapple with this new data as fairly and as rigorously as possible. That takes time to get right. And it is so complicated we simply cannot focus on anything else.

And in another post:

Palin has never produced Trig's birth certificate or a single piece of objective medical evidence that proves he is indeed her biological son. A child with Down Syndrome must have a pile of such records,  tests, assessments and ultrasounds that conclusively prove that he is Sarah's biological son. It seems bizarre to me that neither the public nor the campaign (so far as I can glean) has ever been given one of them.

I am aware that the liberal left is scared to death of Sarah Palin. Only fear can bring people to attack a person with the hatred they show daily. I don't understand why it is necessary to attack an infant. Unless you are King Herod and fear the eventual overthrow of your kingship by the child. I don't think that is their worry. They are afraid of the mother. Her common sense approach to government is alien to the liberals and they are attacking out of pure fear.

I'll give you my take on the Palin book later this weekend. Something tells me it is going to be a great read. Something tells me that she and I are made of the same stuff.

Be afraid, liberal cowards, be very afraid.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your opinion of Sarah Palin's new book. - Nancy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails