Monday, December 14, 2009

I use Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, and blog my heart out on several blogs. I belong to many online political groups, including The 9.12 Project, Conservative Underground, As a Mom, and a few more.

I believe Big Brother is watching me and anyone I associate with online. I also know I am a very small fish in the pond. My words are not widely read. I don’t have that much influence on that many people. But still, I am against the direction the current powers-that-be are taking the country and their disregard of the Constitution. So, I am a radical of sorts.

I just stumbled upon an article on NewsBusters.org about Big Brother’s online monitoring activities as reported in an editorial in the NY Times.

The lead in the Times article sums it up:

The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters. A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era.

Law enforcement is not saying a lot about its social surveillance, but examples keep coming to light. The Wall Street Journal reported this summer that state revenue agents have been searching for tax scofflaws by mining information on MySpace and Facebook. In October, the F.B.I. searched the New York home of a man suspected of helping coordinate protests at the Group of 20 meeting in Pittsburgh by sending out messages over Twitter.

In some cases, the government appears to be engaged in deception. The Boston Globe recently quoted a Massachusetts district attorney as saying that some police officers were going undercover on Facebook as part of their investigations.

I can’t help but wonder what would happen if this information had come to light during the Bush administration. The liberal media and bloggers would be up in arms. All MSM outlets would be demanding hearings and investigations. As it is, in the ObamaNation, it barely gets mentioned on an editorial page.
I just wanted you to know, we are being watched and the files on us dangerous, Constitution loving Patriots are growing daily.

1 comment:

  1. You and I labeled as radical...hahaha! That was a birth trait, I do believe. We have PASSION for what we think is right or NOT right!
    LOVE YOU,
    andrea

    PS: keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails